Email Boxscores and 2014 Update
As of tomorrow morning (4/10), Kilg.us should resume sending daily boxscore emails for teams that have requested them.
In order to avoid the flood of unsubscribe and SPAM reports with the first emailings of the new season, I discontinued daily boxscore emails for all teams that haven’t been updated since the start of 2014. If you think you should be seeing a daily email but don’t, check your settings and confirm the team has been signed up. I don’t believe any teams that have been updated since the start of the year have been affected, but it’s always possible.
Obviously, I’ve been a little slow getting things up and running for the new season. I’ll blame a perfect storm of vacations, the constant distraction/entertainment of my first sons’ birth, and starting up a new business (Super Humane. If you have a company that needs some help making the world better through technology—the mobile web in particular—I’d love to chat!). On top of it all, I’m not actually participating in a fantasy league this year for the first time in recent memory. Nonetheless, my intention is to continue operating Kilg.us for the 2014 season.
A few reminders of what the continued operation of Kilg.us involves:
- We use a free but limited stats feed in order to have up-to-the-second stats. Sometimes it has issues (like Spring stats trailing into the season…), but 99% of the time it works.
- The stats already in Kilg.us are all we have. We can’t add games played/pitched, WAR, or anything else that isn’t there now.
- Kilg.us was built to display real-time stats. We added “season-to-date” later, then tacked on the daily boxscores to help people who couldn’t log in every night. Kilg.us was never intended to help slice and dice stats.
- When things go wrong (it seems to happen once or twice a year), I’ll try to fix it as quick as I can. It usually takes a day or two.
- If you have a problem, email me. I don’t regularly use Kilg.us anymore, so I need people to point out issues when they arise. I’ll respond as soon as I can.
- You’re welcome to manage your team, all your teams, all the teams in your league, or whatever you like. We’ve got over 6000 teams being managed by 3400 users right now.
- Kilg.us is free! Which is great! Especially when generous folk are willing to donate to offset the hosting costs associated with it!
Best of luck for your 2014 season!